Monday, March 16, 2015

Conquer Your Skin



I have something that I have wanted to share for quite some time. Something that I feel is important. Something that could change your life like it did mine. Have no fear; I am not trying to sell you anything. I have had enough of companies selling me their product, promising me the moon and the stars. And, sure, sometimes it works, but let's get something straight: They only work for a short time before the problem is back and it's left scars behind in its wake. 

I am talking about acne: The dreaded break outs, the fear of touching your face and causing the problem to get worse, but most of all the fear of oily skin.

The reason I feel obligated to share this is because of the lack of confidence I see in young girls and women today. The way their hair covers most of their face or the pounds of makeup they wear.  I know how you are feeling right now. I have suffered through the embarrassment of my skins’ betrayal. Or at least I thought it was my skins fault. That it was maybe my genetic make-up. But it's not. This was not my fault and it is not yours either. It is the big money industries fault for your skin breaking out.

I have used almost every product on the shelf to no avail. My mother had spent hundreds of dollars on skin care products that showed promise only to eventually fail. I noticed after a while of using over the counter acne treatments my skin wasn’t healing. It was causing the acne to scar my skin as well as bleach it. I thought that if it burned then it must be working. I didn’t realize just how wrong I was.

I was once like the girls I see in the mall or walking by me down the street. I covered my face in makeup in an attempt to cover the blemishes, in hopes to disappear or blend in. I didn’t want to stand out. I didn’t want to be noticed. I was so embarrassed that someone would see. I would avoid looking into the mirror when I passed by, I would hide from cameras, I would sleep in my makeup because I didn’t want my fiancĂ© to see me without it. I would cry almost every night. 

Until, finally, I had had enough. 

I didn’t want to hide anymore. I wanted to actually do something about my skin. I wanted to take control. I knew that the acne treatments I had been using weren’t working. I knew they were causing my problem, making it worse. It was a sham that the big corporations were in on. We all know that their number one goal is money. They are corrupt! They didn’t care about my skin. All they wanted was my money and if they “cured” my acne then they would lose my money. If I had no more acne, I would have no need for acne products.

I started to do some research when I stumbled onto another woman’s blog. I owe her a huge thanks for saving my skin. At first I was apprehensive, but as I did more and more research I figured, what did I have to lose? My skin couldn’t possibly get any worse. 

It is one part Castor Oil and two parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). It is affordable and all natural. No added chemicals. 

The Castor Oil is an anti-inflammatory which is great for break outs. It also softens the skins which is a bonus.

EVOO is full of vitamins A and E. So don’t be afraid to use it. Your skin needs oil to keep itself healthy. You don’t want to strip your skin of it with all those over the counter products. You want the oil to heal and keep your skin soft and supple and acne free. EVOO has been used for centuries all around the world as a beauty aid. 

Before bed, I rub the mixture into my skin. I get a hot wash cloth and lay it over my face to steam. I stay there for a minute or until the wash cloth cools. Then I rub off all the makeup and dirt of that day. After, my skin feels refreshed and soft and new. I get compliments all the time on how beautiful and flawless my skins is. My confidence has significantly improved. I’m not afraid to go up and talk to people. It’s helped me in the work force and my personal life. I hope it does the same for you.


I wish I had been strong enough to take photos of my skin before I started this process, but I never took any photos without makeup.  However, I did find some that I wished were never taken.
NOW

NOW




Before EVOO


Before EVOO
Before EVOO






Reference:  
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12242/5-reasons-you-need-castor-oil-in-your-medicine-cabinet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment